Julien’s House’s mission is to support, educate and companion individuals through their grief experience. Julien’s House is a registered charity offering a welcoming place where people affected by the death of a loved one can come for compassion and support throughout their journey.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing/Administration Assistant(s) will work directly with our staff team to plan, deliver, and expand our agency’s profile in the community and assist with administrative tasks.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be under 30 years of age
- Has an undergraduate degree or is currently completing a degree in graphic design, marketing, computer science or social science-related field of study (preferred)
- Has an understanding of social media management and general marketing skills
- Has knowledge/ experience working with WordPress, Canva, Constant Contact (preferred)
- An understanding of video marketing
- Excellent researching skills
- Proficient in the English language with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and a strong team player
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Must be able to work remotely
- Willingness to travel within Windsor-Essex County and have access to a vehicle.
- Successful completion of a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
THE MARKETING/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT WILL ASSIST WITH/TAKE LEADERSHIP ON:
- Development and Implementation of a Social Media Strategy with our Marketing Committee
- Create a calendar of social media posts for the next 12 months
- Consult with all departments to develop relevant, engaging and timely social media posts
- Content Creation including Reels and short videos
- Research social media trends and industry-related content
- Create and prepare newsletter articles and templates
- Event and Fundraising Support
- Database Management Support
- General Administrative Support
CONTRACT PT POSITION: $16.50/hour for 35hrs/week – for 8 week contract.
No phone calls, please.