Julien’s House’s mission is to support, educate and empower people through their bereavement experience. Julien’s House is a registered charity offering a welcoming place where people anticipating or affected by the death of a loved one can come for compassion and support throughout their journey.
Julien’s House began offering services in 2020 and is now seeking to add a Bereavement Activities Coordinator to the growing staff team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Bereavement Activities Coordinator will work directly with our Bereavement Program Manager to plan, deliver, and expand our agency’s grief programs.
- As key member of the staff team, respond in a timely manner to inquiries from all stakeholders.
- Assist in developing, facilitating and growing our Restorative Program Unit.
- Assist in facilitating support group programs (virtual and in-person).
- Provide support to volunteers, facilitators, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador for JH and uphold the agency’s mission, vision, and values.
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with community partners for program sustainability.
- Track statistical information regarding the utilization of services and program outcomes.
- Maintain files and records related to assigned individuals and groups.
- Arrange for the use of facilities, ensure that they are ready for programming, monitor the activity of those in attendance and ensure cleanup/takedown.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends) to meet program needs.
- Willingness to undertake any other duties which reasonably fall within the scope of the role.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training and educational opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have;
- Post-secondary education in a social science-related field of study, preferred.
- Experience in social services or the not-for profit sector would be an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Highly developed listening and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop a trusting and nurturing relationship with clients while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to ensure client confidentiality is always maintained.
- Proficiency and accuracy in computer and administrative skills, including use of various programs and platforms.
- Willingness to travel within Windsor-Essex County and have access to a vehicle.
- Successful completion of a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
CONTRACT PT POSITION: $25/hour for 10hrs/week.
No phone calls please.